A good inverter generator can be a lifesaver for your home in the event of a power outage. However, it is important to know how to select one that will work best for your home and needs. If you’re looking for an affordable portable electric generator that is easy to start up but still has enough juice to power your household appliances in case of emergency, then look no further than Harbor Freight Inverter Generator.
This post goes over what you need to consider when purchasing an inverter generator and reviews one of the most popular models on the market, the Harbor Freight Inverter Generator. It will also discuss the benefits and drawbacks of this product, with a focus on its performance in different weather conditions.
Why Harbor Freight?
Harbor Freight is the one-stop-shop for all your home needs. They provide everything from tools and power equipment to automotive, lawn & garden equipment, and hardware supplies at discounted prices every day! The best part? With their money-back guarantee on most items, you can always buy with confidence. Do not hesitate – stop wasting time online looking around because HarborFreight has it all in store for you!
Harbor Freight is an affordable place to purchase everything from hand tools and paints to power equipment. Harbor Freight has something for everyone, whether you’re a professional contractor or just starting out; they have the best deals on all of your home improvement needs!
Why Harbor Freight Inverter Generator?
The Harbor Freight inverter generator is a great buy for anyone who needs to get back up power in the event of an emergency. It’s easy-to-use and ready when you need it; just plug into your car battery, flip on the switch, and start making some toast (or whatever).
This is a dependable and powerful alternative for your home or business needs. It has enough wattage output to run small appliances such as radios, TVs, microwaves – even an electric blanket if that’s what you need with up to 1 minute of downtime before it starts automatically restarting once more. The Harbor Freight inverter generator is one of the most affordable generators on today’s market. In fact, it retails for a mere $175!
Everything about an Inverter Generator
What is an Inverter Generator?
The inverter generator is a system that converts DC power into AC to make it work with devices. It takes in a 12-volt direct current and transforms it into 110 volts, 60-hertz alternating currents which are the best for running electronics. The average home can operate on this type of electricity without any problems. However, they do not provide as much power as an alternative such as diesel generators or gasoline engines.
Why should I use Inverter Generator?
Inverter generators provide many advantages for home and business owners. For example, inverters can be set up to run in parallel with grid power when necessary which means they always have a backup plan prepared if the electrical system goes down.
Inverter generators are perfect for those who live at remote locations or just want peace of mind knowing their electricity will never go out again no matter what happens during storms or blackouts.
What features should you look for when choosing the best inverter generator?
- Size: The size of your application will determine how much wattage you need. If power is going to be used in one location, then a small unit with less than 8 hours of run time may suffice. A portable model can fulfill all needs if it’s not being moved around too often or long distances and there are no voltage surges from outside interference nearby like lightning strikes or electrical transmission lines that could cause damage to electronic equipment due to their increased sensitivity.
- Capacity: It’s important to consider both load and cycle times – meaning what type of loads (e.g., refrigerator) do they plan on running at the same time as well as how many runs per day for each appliance roughly.
Also, ask yourself these 3 questions to ask yourself before you make your purchase:
- What am I powering?
- Is it a home, or small business with sensitive electronics onsite such as computers and medical equipment? If so, then an inverter generator that creates clean power is the best option for you. It is because they produce less electromagnetic interference which can disrupt electricity in other devices around them.
- Does my location have frequent blackouts during bad weather events like hurricanes or storms?
This will determine what type of emergency backup plan would be most suitable for me if this were to happen again while relying solely on battery backup systems (or no connection at all) since some inadequacies may not take into account interruptions from these natural disasters when making their calculations.
What is the difference between a generator and an inverter generator?
Inverters and generators are two different technologies that produce electricity. Inverter Generators can turn on at any time, but they often do not provide the same amount of power as a traditional generator unless it is an emergency situation where many appliances need to be turned on all at once.
An inverter generator has more advantages than most people might know about! It’s important for homeowners in areas prone to natural disasters like hurricanes or earthquakes to have one installed because when there is no grid power available these machines allow you to continue operating your electric devices without interruption since other types would shut down during this type of event which means losing things such as refrigeration, heaters, hot water, etc.
What are the benefits of inverter generators?
An inverter generator is worth considering if you’re looking for a new generator! Following are its benefits:
- The first benefit is that it operates more efficiently than a traditional generator.
- Inverters have been specifically designed to provide power for sensitive electronics and appliances, such as computers, televisions, refrigerators, and microwaves without damaging them.
- Inverter generators are also lighter in weight than conventional generators so they are easier to move around with less risk of injury or damage.
- Finally, inverters run quieter than other types of generators because they do not produce the same type of noise as their counterparts.
Is an inverter generator better than a regular generator?
Have you ever wished that your generator could come with a built-in inverter? Well, now it can. Inverters are great for when the power goes out because they will continue to be able to keep all of your electronics plugged in running while many other generators would just turn off and stop outputting electricity altogether!
An inverter is like insurance on any electrical appliance; if something were to happen where there was an outage or brownout, then instead of losing everything at once from not being connected directly into the grid anymore – which also means no lights either – this machine powers up again automatically so that people don’t have as much trouble getting back online without too much delay.
How are inverter generators designed?
An inverter generator is a device that converts the power generated by an engine to AC current for use in homes, vehicles and other equipment. The conversion process occurs automatically when you flip on one of these devices; there’s no need for any external switches or buttons.
Inverters are designed with safety features such as overload protection which prevents damage if someone attempts to exceed the maximum load capacity during improper operation like turning up too many lights at once!
How to maintain an inverter generator?
Inverter generator maintenance is important for keeping the unit running smoothly. It’s a good idea to check each of these three simple items monthly: fuel levels, oil level, and condition, and battery charge status. Checking periodically throughout the year can also help you catch problems early before they become serious issues that could result in expensive repairs or premature replacement of your inverter generator with an entirely new one!
Harbor Freight Inverter Generators Unveiled
Common problems with Harbor Freight Inverter Generators
The problem with harbor freight inverter generators is that they often don’t contain enough power to work in an emergency situation. However, even if you buy a higher quality generator and use it appropriately at home or on the go, there are still dangers lurking outside your front door like blackouts from hazardous weather conditions; hurricanes can possibly knock out entire neighborhoods for days on end!
The most common problem with harbor freight inverter generators is the batteries. The bane of many a harbingers’ existences, problems involving their generator’s battery can be traced back to three different causes: insufficient chargings before usage; incorrect charging procedures- that it takes days for them to charge up again after use; and finally if there are leaks or spills on their surface which lead to corrosion over time.
Tips on how to store Harbor Freight Inverter Generators properly for winter storage
The cold can cause a variety of damage to your harbor freight inverter generator, so it’s important that you take proper precautions. For example, make sure the motor and any other moving parts have decent lubrication with oil or grease prior to storage; this will prevent them from sticking together during extended periods without use. Additionally, remember not to store an upstanding machine on its side as the liquid may be drawn into internal components through capillary action when gravity changes over time which could lead to corrosion problems later down the line. Finally if possible always deflate tires before putting them away for winter!
If you are storing your harbor freight inverter generator over the winter, there are a few tips that will help keep it fresh and ready for use next summer:
- Remove any oil from the unit before storage so rust doesn’t form on metal parts.
- Make sure to store at least two inches of water above the engine.
- Disconnect battery cable.
- Check fuel level-fill with gasoline if needed.
- Cover entire unit except for controller panel & exhaust pipe.
- Store inside or very close by the outhouse.
- Drain the gas tank; pour remaining contents into the container.
- Fill up with anti-freeze.
- Top off fluids/add new oils.
- Clean all dirt particles.
How to safely use Harbor Freight Inverter Generator?
If you are looking How to Safely Use Your New Harbor Freight Inverter Generator, consider the following:
- Ensure that the generator has a proper grounding, as not following this rule could be fatal!
- Only use in an open area with no combustible materials present for safety reasons. In case it’s too windy outside or you’re using a gas stove while running your new inverter, then don’t do it!
- For added protection against power surges and outages caused by storm events and other natural disasters such as floods or tornadoes, consider buying a surge protector
Disadvantages of Harbor Freight Inverter Generators
Harbor Freight inverter generators may be a good buy (portable and economical) for those on tight budgets. However, they’re not without their shortcomings, such as:
- Lack of a fuel gauge: They don’t have fuel gauges so you can’t tell how much juice is left before your generator runs out of gas and dies.
- No shut-off switches: The harbor freight inverter generators don’t have shut-off switches which means that if the power goes out while it’s running then anything plugged into its outlets will stay plugged in until someone flips the breaker to turn off the machine or manually unplugs each appliance from its outlet one by one – an incredibly tedious process!
- Difficulty to start when cold: The most glaring flaw with Harbor Freight inverter generators is difficulty starting them up when temperatures are below freezing. Frost clogs air intake valves preventing an adequate flow of oxygen to ignite gasoline leading to misfires.
If these features were added, then more people would buy them as they seem like such an obvious necessity in today’s world where power outages happen all too often due to storms.
What is the price of Harbor Freight Inverter Generators?
The price of the Harbor Freight Inverter Generator can range from $100-$400 which makes it affordable enough and easy to purchase without breaking your budget. The most popular 1250 watts Harbor Freight Inverter Generator costs $225. This generator has 1250W of continuous power and 2500 surge watt capacity. This means it has enough energy for powering essentials at home after an outage or natural disaster. However, it generates gas-powered electricity so homeowners are urged not to use this device indoors due to potential fire hazards caused by leaking fuel tanks or oil spilling out onto hot surfaces like grills. Therefore, the Harbor Freight Inverter Generator is a great choice for those who want to get themselves ready for any chances of an emergency.
What are the dimensions and weight of the Harbor Freight Inverter Generator?
The dimensions of the Harbor Freight Inverter Generator are 12.5″ x 11″ x 16″. It weighs around 60 pounds, and its power output is 125 watts at 120 volts AC or 3 amps (2hp). One great feature about this generator is that it has a battery charger built into the frame, ensuring you always have access to emergency backup power for your phone so long as there’s gas in the tank! Therefore, the Harbor Freight Inverter Generator is a tiny generator but can power up your house effectively.
Popular Harbor Freight Inverter Generators
1. Harbor Freight 3500 Watt Super Quiet Inverter Generator
- Price at Harbor Freight: $870
- Price at Amazon: $850
Feel the power surge into your home, RV, or campsite with this ultra-quiet and powerful inverter generator. The advanced technology ensures you get a pure sine wave that is safe to use with sensitive electronics such as computers; allowing for hours of uninterrupted work without worrying about whether there will be enough electricity in time. With 11 hours running at 25% load capacity, now powering up an entire household’s needs doesn’t have to break the bank! This versatile portable powerhouse even comes equipped with a 30 amp adapter cord so plugging it right into your camper couldn’t be easier–no matter where life takes you from here on out.
The generator is a propane-fueled, heavy-duty machine that can run for 11 hours at 25% capacity. It’s designed to be used in construction sites and other industrial settings where power outages are common. The top features include:
- Super quiet – only 57 dB.
- Electronic overload protection.
- 212cc air-cooled OHV gas engine.
- 3500 starting watts,3000 running watts.
- Multifunction digital LCD screen with low oil indicator light.
- Integrated smooth-rolling casters.
- (2 120vac grounded outlets.
- 120vac Twistlock Outlet.
- “Hassle-free electric start”.
2. Harbor Freight 9500 Watt Super Quiet Inverter Generator With CO SECURE™ Technology
- Price at Harbor Freight: $2000
- Price at Amazon: $1950
Harbor Freight PREDATOR® 9500W Max Starting, 7600W Running Super Quiet Inverter Generator uses a powerful 459cc engine providing clean and efficient power where it’s needed most. With the 6.8-gallon fuel tank, this closed frame inverter generator delivers runtimes up to 18 hours and 15 minutes at 25% load. Designed with efficiency in mind, these generators are built with Electronic Speed Control Mode (ESC Mode) that optimizes engine performance while maximizing runtime – lowering your fuel consumption by 30%. Rated 67 dBs max starting wattage makes this one of the quietest on the market for backups during emergencies or storms when you need reliable power without disturbing neighbors!
The features in this generator include:
- CO SECURE™ technology automatically shuts down the generator for safety when harmful levels of carbon monoxide are detected.
- Ultrapowerful PREDATOR® 459cc engine provides plenty of power for large backup applications.
- Pure sine wave inverter technology safely powers sensitive electronics such as smartphones, laptops, TVs.
- Super-quiet enclosure significantly reduces generator noise levels, operating at only 67 dB with electric start and non-spillable battery (included) that makes it easy to track maintenance level.
- An integrated hour meter to help track maintenance levels for easy ongoing care and management.
- Electric start with a non-spillable battery is included so starting it up will be no problem every time.
- The four flat-free wheels and foldable handle make it easy to transport.
- It includes a 120v 20A GFCI protected outlets, 120v/240v 30A twist lock, 120volt 30Amps twist-lock; a 12 volt eight amps DC outlet for all your electronics needs!
3. Harbor Freight 2000 Watt Super Quiet Inverter Generator
- Price at Harbor Freight: $560
- Price at Amazon: $550
The Predator inverter generator is perfect for camping, boating, and RV use with the optional Parallel kit from PREDATOR. The advanced inverter technology produces pure wave power which provides safe electricity to sensitive electronics like your laptop. Lightweight at just 40 pounds in comparison to conventional generators that weigh 120-200 pounds; this machine has lower fuel consumption without sacrificing any of its power!
Notable features include:
- 12-hour run time.
- only 66 dB of noise pollution.
- Electronic overload protection that will save you from blowing a fuse or anything expensive like that.
- An air-cooled 79 cc OHV gas engine with 2000 starting watts and 1600 running watts.
- Double your power with parallel capability, to have up to 4,000 watts. More gas? Add a second unit and use our optional RV Ready Parallel Kit for all you need!
- Low oil indicator lets you know when it’s time to refill engine lubricant and coolants in one quick glance.
- Fully enclosed high-impact housing keeps all components protected from weather or long-term exposure.
4. Harbor Freight 8750 Watt Inverter Generator With CO SECURE™ Technology
- Price at Harbor Freight: $1250
- Price at Amazon: $1240
The PREDATOR® 8750W Max Starting, 7000W Running Inverter Generator uses inverter technology to produce clean power ideal for sensitive electronics. With the efficient design of this generator giving more fuel-efficient runtime and a quieter sound than conventional generators, it’s perfect for job sites or during home backup power outages! The four 120v 20A GFCI protected outlets, as well as two USB ports, are convenient ways you can charge your devices without worrying about tripping any circuitry in your house.
The distinguishing features are:
- CO SECURE™ technology is the reason why this generator does not need to be restarted manually when it shuts down for safety.
- The PREDATOR® 420cc engine will give you plenty of power, even on large backup applications.
- Pure sine wave inverter technology safely powers sensitive electronics such as smartphones, laptops, and TVs.
- Electric start with battery included makes starting easy every time!
- Includes 10″ flat-free wheels and folding handle. This makes it easy to move around, whether you’re at a job site or camping out in your backyard.
- It has many built-in display options that show runtime, voltage levels, frequency amongst other information including how much power is being generated by the machine itself.
- The heavy-duty steel frame protects all outlets from overloading so you never have to worry about damaging anything else plugged into them while using it.
- With light indicators showing low oil and overload conditions too as well as GFCI protection; there’s no way to feel confident when operating this durable yet portable device!
Harbor Freight Inverter Generators Reviews
Harbor Freight inverter generators have been getting a lot of attention lately and for good reason. These 12-volt powerhouses are easy to carry around with you anywhere and can provide up to 2000 watts in an instant!
The Harbor Freight Inverter Generator has long been considered one of the most popular portable generator brands on the market today. They’re relatively small enough that they don’t take up too much space when stored away during your travels or camping trips but still pack quite an impressive amount of punch; these little machines can crank out as many as 2,000 watts in just seconds so there’s no need to worry about having access to power at all times while mobile due to any changeable circumstances!
Harbor Freight Inverter Generator, here are some of its features. This model runs on gas and is portable so it has the ability to run in your home or outside while camping. It’s also lightweight at only 45 pounds making this an ideal option for those with back problems that have trouble lifting heavy items!
Harbor Freight Inverter Generators Coupons
Harbor Freight inverter generator coupons can help you save a lot of money. The Harbor Freight company offers coupon codes and special promotions to increase the effectiveness of your discount. They have new specials every week so be sure to keep checking back for any changes or updates! There’s a reason why Harbor Freight inverter generator coupons are so popular. Get a discount off of an already low price and get ready for any blackout with one purchase! You can’t go wrong with these low-cost generators that let you save up to $200! With up to 30% off, you can save on everything from power tools and air compressors. What more could anyone want?
Currently, Harbor Freight is exclusively offering coupons for inverter generators; 10% off your purchase of $50 or more when using coupon code: INVERTER10 and 20% off with no minimum required (you also get free shipping)! 2-day air is just $9.99 per shipment if needed – hurry before this deal expires!
Harbor Freight Inverter Generators Warranty & Return Policy
Harbor freight has been around for years, providing quality tools as well as fast services. With their wide range of products, you’re sure to find what you need whether it’s professional-level power equipment all the way down to hand toolsets that are perfect for home use. One product, in particular, is their Inverter Generator which comes with a two-year warranty. Moreover, they will pay for the shipping if it needs replacement or repairing!
However, it’s important to take a look at what your particular model inverter generator warranty covers and for how long it is valid. If you need more information on this topic, then contact Harbor Freight directly or consult the owner manual before purchase.
Harbor Freight offers a 30-day return policy on all items, with the exception of generators. If you are unsatisfied with your product for any reason whatsoever within this period and want to return it, simply bring it back in its original packaging or pack an identical package as close as possible – such that we can identify what was originally purchased from our store at purchase time without opening the box – along with a note explaining why they wish to make their exchange.
Harbor Freight inverter generators are a popular option for many homeowners and businesses. If you want to have one of these in your home or business, it’s important that you understand how they work, why they might be better than other types of generators, what problems can arise with them (and how to avoid those), and how best to maintain them so that they will last as long as possible. We hope this article has helped answer some questions about harbor freight inverters; if not please feel free to contact us!