Looking for the most trustworthy brake services in the town? Big O Tires Brake Services are indeed the best in the business today!
Big O Tires is one of the leading automobile repairing workshops working in America today. The company has made its name in tires, however, big O Tires have proved themselves in all kinds of auto service and repairs in America for decades now. Whether you own a passenger car, lightweight Rock, mini-van, SUV, or medium-size truck, the expert technicians at the Big O Tires are always ready who provide their services to there valued customers. All the professionals working at Big O Tires have enough knowledge and training to repair and fix anything and provide you extraordinary preventative maintenance services for your vehicle. You can rely on the Big O Tires, the professionals will measure that your vehicle is performing at its best efficiency before leaving their service bay.
The Big O Tires understand it completely that your vehicle is one of your biggest investments and it is really difficult for you to leave it for any repairs or service maintenance. It is obvious that you have what kind of diagnosis it will be, how much Financial estimate will come in, and not sure what prescribed services need to be done. That’s why the Big O Tires will never ask you to leave your vehicle in the workshop for any type of maintenance or repair services. All the Big O Tires service locations have active Motorist Assurance Program authorization. The motorist Assurance program is a globally recognized assurance program for the motorist. This program only recognizes any workshop if it meets all the industry standard and fulfill automotive repair thresholds and tolerances.
Moreover, the Motorist Assurance Program establishes satisfactory criteria for some specific cases in which vehicles require certain replacement or repair based on individual performance criteria. Therefore, you can trust the Big O Tires brake services team and their membership in the motorist assurance program clearly shows that they are working to earn the trust of your valued customers.
How will I know if my brakes need repair or replacement?
If you observe any of the following symptoms, you should have your brake system checked for any possible repair or replacements:
- Continuous squeaking, squealing or grinding sounds from your vehicle brakes.
- Flashing or blinking anti-lock braking system (ABS) warning light on your instrument panel.
- Pulling or jerking of your car on one side when you apply the brakes.
- Your brake pedal gets very soft and goes very deep when you press it.
9 Popular Big O Tires Brake Service Packages
You will find the following during each Big O Tires brake services:
- Top Class brake service in the business performed by a team of expert and professionally certified technicians.
- Complete evaluation of your vehicle braking system.
- Trustworthy brake shoes and brake pads warranty, at least one year with the Big O Tires motorist Assurance program.
- Complete service using state-of-the-art braking equipment and machinery.
- Resurfacing of the brake drum and brake rotor using extraordinary brake lathe machine during each brake service at the Big O Tires.
- Application of superior brake replacement parts such as Akebono and Wagner etc.
1. Big O Tires Standard Brake Service Package
The first and most basic brake service package at the Big O Tires includes complete inspection and evaluation of your braking system. This also includes brake pads or brake shoes repair or replacement, as required. The Big O Tires may also include all vehicle resurfacing of drums and rotors on your request for the serviced axles conducted by the expert Big O Tires professionals. The standard brake service package at a Big O Tires includes:
- Special discount and gift cards with coupons, equally valid for online and in-store purchases.
- Application of ProStop standard brake pads promising reliable stopping power for secure braking of your vehicle at a safe distance.
- This package may also include Wagner brake pads and brake shoes on your request (will be separately charged).
- All the brake replacement parts offered at the Big O Tires such as Wagner and ProStop completely fulfill the
- Original equipment or OE specifications.
- Big O Tires offer a lifetime warranty for replacement on brake pads and brake shoes.
- Special labor warranty on 6-months or 6000 miles.
2. Big o Tires Original Equipment Brake Service Package
The Big O Tires’ original equipment brake service package includes ProStop Platinum pad are Wagner QuickStop brake pads. This package also includes every other necessary component as recommended by your vehicle manufacturer. Similarly, it also includes a lifetime labor warranty and standard brake service assistance. Other major aspects of this package are:
- Installation of ProStop platinum brake pads or Wagner QuickStop brake pads as specified by your vehicle manufacturer.
- Testified manufacturer defined friction formula to guarantee original equipment performance in your vehicle.
- Notable reduction in noise and harshness by using slotted original equipment and chamfered braking equipment in your vehicle.
- Application of vehicle-specific braking specifications.
- When you press your brake pedal it gives you the feeling of original brake equipment.
- Big O Tires special lifetime replacement warranty on brake pads and brake shoes.
- Courtesy 12-month or 12000-mile labor warranty.
3. Big O Tires Premium Brake Service Package
The famous Big O Tires premium brake service includes Wagner OEX excellent brake pads and offers superior quality of brake service. If you are interested to have a long-lasting braking system of your vehicle, you need to regularly service your hydraulic brake and replace the defective components. Like all other brake service packages at Big O Tires, the premium brake service package also includes Superior services and long-lasting labor warranties. Other important aspects of this package are:
Passenger—Wagner OEX Ceramic Disc Pads
- Premium Wagner OEX ceramic disc brake pads for passenger cars.
- Specially formulated with friction formula having zero copper density.
- Customizable floor designs having application-specific flexibility options.
- Very optimized dirt removal system to guarantee a longer life of your vehicle hydraulic braking system.
- Improved multi-layer shim technology with more than five layers and superior OE quality.
- 18000-miles or 18-months labor warranty.
SUV’s, Pick Ups, and CUV’s—Wagner OEX Pads
- Brake pads with a patented shape and adjustable slot designs.
- Optimized turbulent airflow signifies the coolest breaking operation.
- Overall very quiet braking operation of your vehicle.
- Advanced application-specific design guarantees reduced vibrations and noise in the braking system.
- Effective and advanced shim technology attachment to assure quiet and optimized operation.
- Big O Tires special 18-months or 18000-miles labor warranty.
4. Big O Tires Ultra-Premium Brake Service Package
Akebono premium quality brake pads are included in the ultra-premium brake service package at the Big O Tires. The customers should keep in mind that the Akebono brake pads are not available at all the big O Tires Service locations, therefore, it is a good idea to know before you visit. Undoubtedly, Akebono is one of the most experienced and advanced ceramic braking technology working in America today. They have ruled the automobile braking industry for decades now. Some manufacturers believe that Akebono were the founders of ceramic technology in automobile braking. Today, Akebono guarantees superior quality brake pads to ensure the best and safest braking experience. The ultra-premium package at the Big O Tires includes:
- Installation of superior quality Akebono brake pads.
- Top class braking performance and guaranteed trustworthy braking experience.
- Very dominant reduction in dust and debris for cleaned wheels and superior braking.
- Improved brake pad life and brake rotor performance.
- Akebono OEM Superior brake pads and most effective braking experience.
- Free from any requirements of breaking-in.
- Big O Tires and Akebono lifetime warranty on brake pads and brake shoes.
- Big O Tires 18 month or 18000-mile labor warranty.
5. Big O Tires Power Stop Brake Service Package
The power stop brake service package at the Big O Tires comprises of basic brake service package and additionally also offer the following services:
- Complete one price service package including the installation of performance brake pads and brake rotor kits.
- Complete evaluation and recommendation from certified Big O Tires professional technicians for any further brake services on the basis of existing braking system physical condition.
- This package price does not include the price of the brake and rotor kit.
6. Big O Tires Complete Brake Service Package
If you want to enjoy a full brake service package, go no further than the Big O Tires full-service brake package. Therefore, if you observe that your vehicle need brake service or is the time to install
Install new brakes in your vehicle, go nowhere else than the Big O Tires. For that purpose, book an online appointment at the Big O Tires or simply call your local Big O Tires shop for having superior brake services. You will also receive the following in this service package:
- Absolute satisfactory evaluation of your vehicle’s entire braking system performed by expert Big O Tires technicians.
- Adequate resurfacing of your brake rotors.
- Installation of supreme quality life-lasting brake pads.
- If required, new hardware installation along with other braking components.
- Satisfactory brake fluid exchange service.
- Newly exchanged brake fluid will improve your braking capability, particularly in stop-and-go driving conditions.
- The customer will also enjoy labor warranties from the Big O Tires.
- The complete brake package at the Big O Tires also includes helpful recommendations from expert advisors to choose the best brake pads and brake shoes for your car.
7. Big O Tires Do-It-Yourself Brake Job Package
If you prefer to perform in your own vehicle brake jobs yourself, obviously you would like to get the best stop achievable. You may find yourself in a situation where despite replacing your brake rotors and brake pads, you still experience severe pulsations. In the majority of the cases, the brake pulsations will not appear for several months, this means you have not made a good connection to your brake job. The brake pulsations are mostly due to DTV or disc thickness, however, your vehicle may need several thousand miles to develop nicely on a new brake rotor. This may be due to the fact that in your rotor run-out crate was not machine properly.
In most of the vehicles today, the rotor is attached to the hub which acts as a source. The only feasible method to remove this run-out error is to use an on-car brake lathe machine for precisely machining the rotor. This is the reason that most of the car manufacturers today recommend resurfacing through on-car late rotor machine.
You should notice here that even if you are using brand new brake rotors, you may face excessive run-out and you may have to get the resurfacing service. The Big O Tires can help you do your brake service yourself and still get the perfect stop you want. If any day you perform your brake service yourself and you find that the run-out is beyond your manufacturer’s recommended specifications, this will mostly be approximately 2000’s of an inch or more. But you don’t have to worry because the Big O Tires have answers to all your queries. The company has a new facility of on-car lathe machine which they can use to match your car with your brake pads.
8. Big O Tires Precision Match Brake Service Package
If your brakes produce screeching, squealing, or vibrating sounds when you stop, you should appoint an earliest possible appointment at the Big O Tires and experience their Precision match brake service package. Most of the time the noise and vibration in the braking system are caused by the vibrations in the braking rotors. Therefore, the standard brake service package at the Big O Tires will machine cut off all the improper rotors and then reinstall them back in your car. However, the precision match brake service package at the Big O Tires used a more improved technique. In this package, the expert technicians will custom cut your brake rotors while they are still mounted on your vehicle giving them more space to perfectly fit your rotors in your braking system. Finally, the team of expert technicians at the Big O Tires will use superior quality Akebono ceramic brake pads and updated brake hardware to ensure a smooth safe, and silent driving experience for you. Above all, the Big O Tires Precision match brake service package will give you a labor warranty for 30 months and a labor warranty on brake pads.
9. Big O Tires Basic Plus Brake Package
If you feel that your brakes need replacement, you should go and nowhere else then selecting the basic plus brake service package at the Big O Tires. In this package, one of the service technicians will perform a complete inspection of the braking system. In the next step, the team of expert service technicians will and then replace them with new brake pads having a lifetime warranty. Furthermore, this package also includes superior quality brake hardware with a lifetime warranty which ensures the quiet and smooth braking operation of your car. Finally, like any other big O Tires brake service package you will also get an extended labor warranty with a basic plus brake service package. Therefore, if your brakes need replacement simply book an appointment at the Big O Tires either online or just through a phone call.
Big O Tires Additional Brake Services
At almost all the Big O Tires service stores, you can have the following additional vehicle braking services (charged separately):
a. Big O Tires Brake Hardware service
If you Avail the Big O Tires Brake Hardware services that you will also receive the following complimentary services along with basic brake service at their service centers:
- Scheduled basic brake service for as low as $20.
- The application of Big O Tires braking Hardware extends your labor warranty to a total of 6-months or 6000 miles.
- Moreover, the company guarantees a decrease in braking vibrations and brake pedal squeal.
b. Big O Tires Brake Fluid Exchange Service
Like any other fluid in your vehicle, the brake fluid also becomes polluted and contaminated with the passage of time. This is seriously dangerous because it can shorten the life of important braking system components of your vehicle. Therefore, you should keep an eye on your brake fluid quality and level. The Big O Tires offer some attractive brake fluid exchange service packages which include the installation of premium quality brake fluid to keep your braking system components free from corrosion and pollution. If you select to have brake fluid exchange service also from the Big O Tires, Along with basic braking service, you will receive the following extra free services:
- Scheduled basic brake service package at the Big O Tires as low as $40.
- Extension of labor warranty to 6,000 miles or 6 months.
- Superior quality vehicle braking system service by professional certified Big O Tires technicians.
- Increase in the life of important braking components of your vehicle such as hoses, brake calipers, and wheel cylinders.
- Every time precise replacement of previously polluted brake oil with new and improved quality brake fluid in accordance with the recommendations specified by your vehicle manufacturer.
- Timely brake fluid change considerably reduces the risk of expensive braking system component repairs.
Big O Tires On-Car Brake Lathe Service
- If you receive the basic brake service, the on-car lathe machine prices $40 per axle. However, it should be $80 per axle without brake job service.
- Big O Tires special courtesy brake system inspection.
- Precise measurements of the lateral runout of your vehicle braking system.
- Accurately measuring the Machine to exactly limit your rotor with your braking system.
- Accurately resembling the brake rotors to your vehicle Braking System performed by extremely professional Big O tires technicians.
- Very notable reduction in vibrations and noise due to using extraordinary Big O tires on-car brake lathe machine.
- Guaranteed reduced pedal pulsations and braking vibrations by ensuring the elimination of all lateral runouts.
Big O Tires Brake Service Pricing Policy
- If you observe at any Big O tires location the term, “price as low as”, means the cheapest price after mail-in rebate processing.
- It is one of the company policies of the big O tires and that the mail-in rebates are not workable for fleet purchases, special orders, and commercial purchases.
- Any other brake service discount offers at the big O tires will not be valid with any other discount coupon or promotional schemes.
- Most of the brake service packages available on the big O tires include the prices of Replacement parts such as ThermoQuiet and OEX brake pads.
- The Wagner or ThermoQuiet brake service package also includes all the prices and charges for the basic vehicle braking service.
- It should be kept in mind that the rate of any brake service package at the big O tires may change depending upon your selection of brake shoes and brake pads and your vehicle make and model.
- Most of the bigger tile shops will charge you extra shop supply charges.
Big O Tires Pep Boys Labor Warranty
Big O Tire standard Protection Program is a bard of Big O Tires customer service policy. This program is specially designed to help you get the trustworthy extended warranty on selected purchase of replacement parts and services from the Big O Tires. This program is a special design to help you get the maximum discount and save a lot of money. This program has further two choices available for the customers, which are as follows:
a. The Big O Tires Extended Labor Warranty (ELW)
The extended labor warranty program from the Big O Tires is only available selected services including brake service of your vehicle. Actually, the standard labor warranty given by the Big O Tires company is 90 days or 4000 miles. However, if you utilize the extended labor warranty program from the company, your service labor warranty will be extended for a complete full year without any restriction on driving mileage. The biggest advantage of this labor warranty is that you can enjoy completely free labor repair in case you get any problem with your replacement part or services.
b. The Big O Tires Retail Replacement Program (RPR)
- Complete 1-year warranty without any condition on driving mileage.
- Big O tires a trustworthy money-back guarantee.
- The overall insurance program is covered by a notable Insurance Company.
- This program is available at all the big O tires locations.
- It will give you complete peace of mind.
Big O Tires Brake Pads
What are brake pads?
How do brake pad work in your vehicle?
What are the most significant causes of brake pad failure and what are the related dangers?
- Significant reduction in the braking performance of your vehicle.
- Weird noisy and grinding sounds from your engine.
- Unbearable damage two important braking system parts of your vehicle such as rotor.
- Lethargic braking response from your vehicle.
Big O Tires Brake Pads
1. The Big O Tires Wagner OEX Brake Pads
2. Wagner ThermoQuiet
3. Wagner QuickStop Brake Pads
4. Akebono Ultra ceramic brake pads
5. ProStop Platinum Brake Pads
6. ProStop Brake Pads
7. ProStop Platinum brake rotors
Big O Tires Brake Fluid Reservoir
How exactly does brake fluid Reservoir work?
What are some common reasons for brake fluid Reservoir failure?
- Crack or damage in the body.
- The collapse of the brake fluid level sensor.
- The damaged or broken bladder in the brake fluid reservoir cap.
What are some common symptoms of brake fluid Reservoir failure?
- Blinking of brake light on your dashboard or instrument panel.
- Symptoms of big leakages around the base or foot of the reservoir.
- Visible cracks in the casing of the reservoir.
- Repeated contamination of fluid with moisture.
What can be the consequences of brake fluid Reservoir failure?
- Big leakages of brake fluid liquid.
- If your brake fluid level gets too low, there is a big chance that your vehicle’s Braking System stops working completely.
- If you drive on a low brake fluid level or fail to replace it timely, you may end up destroying your Braking System completely.
What is the cost of brake fluid cap at the Big O Tires?
Big O Tires Do-It-Yourself Brake Jobs
1. Servicing the Front Brakes of Your Vehicle Yourself
If you want to perform your front brake job yourself you will need the following tools to perform it:
- Metallic pan.
- New quality brake fluid.
- Turkey baster.
- Smart Jack.
- Group of socket wrenches.
It is important for you to know that you may have to replace or fix any of the following based on the make and model of your vehicle. Therefore, you should make sure that you have a proper supply of spare parts before you start your break job yourself.
New pair of brake pads.
Quality brake rotors as recommended by your vehicle manufacturer.
Wheel bearings, sealed types, and tapered rollers.
Properly working brake caliper assembly.
In order to make sure that you need to replace or fix any of the above parts, you should properly inspect your vehicle as directed by your manufacturer in your owner’s manual.
Procedure to Perform the Front Brake Job Yourself
1. Arrange Your Vehicle Service Manual
You need to have the service manual issued by your vehicle manufacturer to get all the necessary information on how to properly perform the front brake job yourself.
2. Start with Brake Service
In the first step, you need to lift your call using your Jack and remove the wheel and tire. Please be careful and follow the instructions of your vehicle manufacturer.
3. Replacement of Brake Caliper
4. Brake Rotor Inspection
5. Inspection of the Wheel Bearings
6. Brake Pads Replacement
7. Fixing Back all the Braking Assembly Together
Now when you are finished inspecting all the components of your braking system and replacing or fixing any damaged parts as required, it is a good time to put back everything in the braking assembly of your car. Firstly, clean your braking rotor and gently wash it with soap to remove any left on grease. In the next step, place everything in the original position and tighten it on the spindle using the rotor assembly nut.
It is important to note that don’t apply more force than specified by your manufacturer in the owner’s manual. If you casually under tighten or overtighten the bolts, this can be a big safety hazard for you and your vehicle on the road. Finally, place the caliper back into the original position as specified in your owner’s manual. Collect all the flex hoses and fix them on the appropriate place in the braking assembly of your vehicle.
8. Replacement of Brake Fluid
The simplest part of brake service is brake fluid replacement, all you need is a metallic than and a turkey baster. Carefully place the metallic pen under your vehicle near the master cylinder and use a turkey baster to open it.
Now add the new brake fluid into your master cylinder after removing the old fluid. On the opposite side of the bleeder screw, connect a rubber hose, now put it into the metallic pen for seepage purposes. If you feel uncomfortable working alone to open the nut for drainage of old fluid, you can ask the help from anyone else. Tighten the bleeder screw after closing the master cylinder, you are done.
9. Replacement of Tire, Hub Caps, and Wheels
This is the last step where you need to replace everything including the wheel assembly, tire, and hubcap. Brake maintenance and inspection service are relatively simple to perform yourself, however, you must be very careful because vehicle breaks are one of the most important elements of driving safety. Therefore, you must be very careful and refer to the vehicle owner’s manual as much as possible for your guidance. If you find yourself stuck at any stage or you feel uncomfortable performing it yourself, you should immediately contact an auto expert to perform the rest of the job with all essential safety measures. It is simple, never compromise your safety.
For your convenience, you can easily search through the big O tires auto stores and find all the essential parts and tools to perform the brake service yourself. The parts are available online as well as in-store. If you find that your brakes need more specific brake service, visit your nearest Big O tires store as soon as possible to let the professional experts handle this important vehicle service for you.
2. Performing the Brake Squeal Service Yourself
It is a normal thing that you must have heard the squealing sound coming from your vehicle bonnet at times. This sound is always very annoying but you don’t need to worry because you are not alone. The most important thing is to identify the exact reason for the squealing sound. Most of the time in this sound is due to metallic interactions between calipers or Piston and backing plates in the braking assembly of your car. But it is obvious that the all squealing sound will always be linked with very high-frequency vibrations.
The good news is that the solution to most of the squealing noise problem is fairly simple and inexpensive. However, in order to fix this problem, you need to disassemble the braking assembly of a car. You can easily find the anti-squeal compound from any local Auto Parts Store. All you need to do is to paste a have some amount of anti-squeal compound agent on the opposite side of the brake pad, reassemble the break after the compound is dry, that’s all!
Frequently Asked Questions about Big O Tires Services
What is the price of the brake service at Big O Tires?
The price of brake service at the Big O Tires is mostly somewhere between $205 to $365. The breakdown of this price is such that the labor prices $65, whereas the brake replacement parts cost between $140 to $300. The big O tires offer three popular brake service packages, which are, big O tires basic brake service package, basic plus brake service pack, and complete brake service package. Similarly, four types of brake pads are available at the big O tires, which are, standard brake pads, platinum brake pads, ceramic brake pads, and Akebono ceramic brake pads.